THE WORLD IS OUR MAP!

\ This is literally the map of the world, but every moment we wake up and take a step we are stepping into the world and wayfinding ourselves through it.
Me (buzz) telling everyone else (woody) that we are wayfinding ourselves through the world through each step we take.
Everyone confused about how we are wayfinding ourselves through the world In general, when it comes to the ideal of wayfinding and maps it’s something, we all do every single day. Everyday we all wake up with the ideal of having to go somewhere or with the knowledge of knowing our environment and knowing where we would like to go and how to get there from where we are hence the term special problem solving. In this case it’s important in our everyday life to have this ability because everyday we wake up with a purpose. Even if its just walking to the kitchen to make breakfast, we have to know where we are and where we end up going. Wayfinding and maps are just a part of our lives no matter how we see it to add on to my previous statement. In my experience, in the term of special problem solving, every day when I go to work, I wake up and head to the train and travel to soho, once I get to soho I pass by a cart out of the train station and make my way to the store. That cart one of the marks that is on my path hence I know I’m heading into the right direction of my store. I know where I am and how I need to get to work but, in this case,, using landmarks helps me with that or markers that I use as ways to make sure I’m headlining onto the right path. Another example is say when people go into a mall, and they have no clue what they are looking for but ultimately do use the map to find their way. When I go to Kings Plaza, I typically get lost and have to find a map in order to get where I need to go. As a result of that say when I go there and I’m looking for the footlocker store and I enter from the second floor, I always look at the map to see where I am and which direction I have to head and it makes it easier that the map is right at the entrance so you can direct yourself to where you need to go. The idea of maps was always a creation with a purpose but just made things easier for people to find where they needed to go and for the future of other people to see what they were looking at. Another example includes in my experience when I had driven from new York all the way to Las Vegas and we had used a map at some point, although we did use GPS, the map had the route we were supposed to go on that went across the country that we ended up taking. Wayfinding and maps play hand in hand with one another as the map will show the destinations and places and the wayfinding is knowing how to get from where you are to where you need to be ultimately. The point of this blog is to show the importance of wayfinding and maps but ultimately for you to realize that we use this everyday mentally and not even visually. Everyday we wake up with a purpose with somewhere to go even if it’s in the house as I mentioned earlier. Your house is a building, your house could be the same as if you went to a mall, a store or even an office building where you have to direct yourself and go from there. One has to find their way around and go from there and way find themselves to where they need to be. In a sense, the whole world is our map and the maps created by people for these buildings are just a small piece of it as again, the whole world is our map and we are wayfinding ourselves through it every single day of every single moment. #wayfinding #wayfind #maps #worldisyourmap #perspective #experience

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PROPAGANDA LEADS TO ONLY ONE PERSPECTIVE???

PICTURES? MEMORIES? Oh you meant Photography...