PICTURES? MEMORIES? Oh you meant Photography...

^^ I use a great Icon, Kobe Bryant who unfortunately passed away in January. His life in photographs allow us to remember him in our memories and all of his great ventures throughout his career. This is the product of photography and why it is so important for our own memories as well as others. In part 3 of unit 3, what I like about this is the transition from text to photos because it relates to how our technology and how media has gone from texts to photos and how they are in correlation with one another. The aspect of photography is so relevant that people have been getting paid a lot of money to do it over the years and even now getting paid millions to do so. Even with the apps we use, photography is something everyone does on a regular basis. When I say that photography has evolved, look at the apps such as Instagram and snapchat. It is all revolved around taking pictures and sending pictures to people. People will take pictures of food, take pictures of one another, and just take pictures of what they’re saying to capture the moment and remember it. As the texts mentioned, photographs freeze time and allow people to truly embrace the moment of the picture but also it allows people to look back on their memories in the pictures and to feel like they could relive it. Say this for example, people will take pictures with one another in a photo while they’re on vacation and they captured the moment and they can look back at its months later on and be like oh wow, look at this moment. Photographs are one of the ways people use to also keep history together as well as remembering the past. I know a lot about my grandfather’s past because of all the pictures he took while in the military and we wouldn’t know without those photos. Photos are important for keeping memories essentially. Even now I look into my phone and look back a couple of years and look at the photos I took and how I used to look. In my opinion, photos are like just memories but in physical form instead of just remembering it in your head. What I mean to focus on is the involvement that photography has in our lives and how constant we all use it. People take pictures of their food everyday and it has become its own culture essentially known as the #foodculture. Instagram has very much glorified the aspect of taking photos and just putting it online and that’s why it’s so important to remember this and to understand the culture of taking photos that is now apart of our everyday lives. As we take pictures every day, we are essentially also jotting down physical proof of our moments that we are sharing with others but also with ourselves. #Memories #photography #culture

Comments

  1. I loved reading your thoughts on how often we photograph these days and how we keep access to this form of our memories by having a line up on our social media apps. It made me think of my Instagram account and how to me it is different than my camera roll. It is the memories I cherish most and want to be able to access easily when I feel the need. It's like a personal highlight roll and I love it for that unique reason. It even feels more interactive than a polaroid for example because of the comments and likes I received. One of my friends who passed away used to make funny comments on my pictures so now a given post is even more special than it's otherwise be because her comments are still there and that conjures up my memories with her. Have you had any similar experiences with your social media posts/photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well for one, im sorry for your loss but im gad ot hear that the funny comments on the pictures make it more special. yeah i've had similar circumstances with actually texts rather than stuf on instagram. since my grandmother passed away, i keep her texts there as a reminder of how important she was. i don't relate with the social media aspect but i do relate in a media aspect!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE WORLD IS OUR MAP!

PROPAGANDA LEADS TO ONLY ONE PERSPECTIVE???